Football season and fall is upon us. What that mean snack food and comfort food boom! I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to blow all my hard work out the window on the weekends, but I still want to enjoy my food. This is a friendly individual snack or meal recipe. You can also increase the recipe and take it to a gathering or party.
- 6oz of shredded chicken breast (method of choice for this is to throw a bunch of chicken breast in the crockpot with some chicken broth salt, pepper, and garlic, cook on low and shred when done)
- 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of opa Greek yogurt ranch dressing
- ½ oz. Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ tsp of celery salt
- 1/8 cup of red-hot hot sauce
- 3 or 4 yellow or white corn tortilla soft shells (La Banderita is my favorite)
First cook chicken breast. My favorite methods for this is to put a bunch of chicken breast in the crockpot with some chicken broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours and shred when done with two forks. (side note: cook enough chicken you can use for other meals)
When chicken breast is about done go ahead and prepare your chips. Cut your tortillas into 4 equal parts with a knife. Spray a cookie sheet with pam place tortilla pieces on the baking sheet and spray them lightly with pam and sprinkle with salt. Place them in the oven then preheat oven to 350. You want them in the oven before its preheated. After its preheated cook chips an additional 5 minutes take out flip and place back in the oven until slightly brown. About another 5 minutes.
While your chips are cooking heat a skillet on medium heat. Place chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, celery salt, and Monterey jack cheese in skillet. Continue stirring until all the cheese is melted and gooey. Add ranch combine thoroughly. Remove from heat. Serve with chips. I also like to serve this with fresh veggies on the side. Carrots, celery etc. The macros will al;so depend on how many tortilla you use.
Macros: calories 440
Forge Rx Nutrition Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org