Sweet Potato Chips
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of seasoned salt
- preheat the oven to 425.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice thin. (the thinner the slices the crisper the chips)
- In a large bowl, Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of seasoned salt
- Add sweet potatoes, toss to coat
- Place the chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown flipping once (about 10 minutes each side) During the last 10 minutes watch the chips and pull out any chips that start to brown.
While the sweet potatoes are cooking start preparing the turkey
- green chili, diced
- 1 1/2lb 93/7 lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 12 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 medium finely diced onion
- Spray a non stick skillet with pam to medium heat.
- Add the onion and chili to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the ground turkey and cook for 4-5 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and remaining spices and stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and then turn the heat down to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 20-25 minutes.
½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
1 tsp garlic powder
½ large lime juiced
Combine all ingredients and mix until chunky
Place sweet potatoe chips in a circle on your plate . Add the turkey mixture into the middle of the circle, and then top with guacamole, green onions, diced tomatoes, and cilantro. Or any other toppings you might like.
-Meagan B, nutrition coach