Cold weather is upon us so I know everyone is going to be craving that comfort food. Here is a delicious veggie and protein packed soup that I’m sure you will enjoy. Serve this with a delicious homemade corn bread or store boxed one it’s all good.
All Things Green, Beans, And Chicken Soup
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups sweet Onions
1 cup thinly sliced celery
4 cloves of garlic
2 cups of green cabbage
1 cup purple cabbage
(Cabbage needs to be thinly sliced)
4 cups of cooked shredded chicken. (Thighs, breast, or if you are in a rush store bought rotisserie) *this will change the Macros
2 cans of organic white beans of your choice I like cannellini beans. Rinse and drain.
8 cups of chicken broth, stock, or bone broth (something low sodium)
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
1 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1 bunch of kale leaves. (Stems and ribs removed)
1 cup zucchini
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Add oil, onion, and celery to stockpot and cook just until soft.
- Add cabbage and cook until cabbage wilts and begins to soften.
- Add in garlic cook until garlic is fragrant.
4. Add in the chicken broth, shredded chicken, cannellini beans, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper to taste, and boil about 5 minutes.
5. Add the kale, zucchini, lemon juice, and simmer for 10 minutes you want to make sure that the zucchini is soft but not mushy and the kale is wilted. Add additional herbs or salt pepper etc to taste if needed.
If you are cooking this recipe in the crockpot follow step 1 and 3. Place everything in the crockpot except the kale including uncooked chicken if you wish. Cook on low for about 6 hours. 30 minutes before it’s finished add the kale and cook the remaining 30 minutes. Enjoy.
Makes 10 servings
Thanks Coach Meagan for the recipe!
Struggling with what to eat, how much, and lacking accountability? Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a chat with one of our nutrition coaches.